Courgette and quinoa salad with red pesto (Serves 4)
2 small courgettes
200g cooked quinoa
2 Spring onions
30g garden peas
1 avocado (sliced)
6-8 Cherry tomatoes(in halves)
Oil for grilling
100g red pesto
Squeeze of lemon
Parsley and mint leaves for garnish
1. Heat a griddle pan or and ordinary pan. Slice the courgette in long thin strips, you can use a vegetable peeler to do this.
2. Cook the strips of courgette for a couple of minutes on each side until soft. Repeat until all the courgette is cooked and set aside on a tray.
3. Add the cooked quinoa to a serving bowl or plate season to taste and squeeze some lemon over the top. Chop the spring onions, mint and add them along with garden peas, mix them into the quinoa and fluff it up with a fork.
4. Arrange the courgettes around the edge of the serving dish; add the tomatoes, avocado, spring onions and fresh herbs. Spoon the red pesto over the top and serve.
5. This dish is lovely the following day in a lunchbox.